Friday, October 12, 2007

Fast & Fun! This is the team running a bit faster, they LOVE it!
break time

Our training is back on track now that it is colder. We've had a couple of mishaps this week. Our 4wheeler brakes are fixed, but we needed a new right front axle. The guy fixing it said the wheel was about ready to fall off! could you imagine that with a bunch of dogs hooked to it?!! That would not have been too fun. The part was gonna cost $329 around here, but I found it on ebay for $149!! Thank goodness for ebay! So, for the meantime we are using my dad's smaller ATV until we get ours back. I also woke up on Wednesday with a scratched cornea from something in my eye the night before. So, I went to the doctor to get it checked out. When I got out of the office, Ana was waiting with my mom in the waiting room and said at the top of her lungs "Are ya all fixed momma?!!!" It was pretty funny, the things kids say. I can't wear my contact in that eye for a week, so I am pretty much going on my right eye till then. It sucks, but I'm getting used to it. I wore Larry's glasses to feed dogs yesterday morning and almost killed myself stepping into a hole Eddie dug. Glasses have no depth perception, now I know why I don't wear them!
We upped our mileage to 7.2 miles last night and I ran two 11 dog teams. They handled it with ease. I let them go faster, a nice lope for most of the run. They loved it and barked to go at every stop. We still worked hard up hills etc. and both teams finished strong. We will alternate between this 7.2 mile trail and our 8.1 mile trail till after next weekend when we go to Shaw's training session. Otter and Star lead one of the teams last night and just did a super job! Star has finally learned commands and Otter is going to be a super command leader like her mom Windows. She is only 3 so will be leading my team for a few more years. They got every turn on the new trail. I was so proud of them!

No comments: