Monday, September 15, 2008

Belated Labor Day WeekendBears at Oswald's Bear Ranch in Newberry

You might be a Redneck if.....you go swimming with socks on!!!

My mom & Aunt Sueanne

Larry & Ana


Bridge going across the Tahquamenon River

The Tahquamenon River

Aunt Sueanne, Uncle Lee, Ana & dad

Me, Odessa & Star

Zoey & Star
Ok, this is a little late, but we've been beyond busy lately. Labor Day weekend, me, Larry, Ana, my mom & dad and Aunt & Uncle went up to "bear camp". It is my parent's cabin located North of McMillan on the Tahquamenon River in the U.P. We also took 23 dogs up with us so we could train on the awesome trails up there. It was soooo nice and relaxing. We had a GREAT time up there. Needless to say, we did NOT want to come home!!! We were spoiled every morning after running dogs with a HUGE breakfast of blueberry pancakes (made with blueberries we picked up there) and the BEST dinners. I could get used to that!! We hiked around and looked at all the other neat cabins along the river, went to Oswald's bear ranch, we ate out one night at Timber Charlie's (the BEST restaurant in Newberry) and I got to witness my family swim in the FREEZING river. It was funny and there was no lingering. Everyone was in and out in the blink of an eye. It was way too cold for me, I relied on the solar shower to get clean!! It was a wonderful weekend with my family. I look forward to being able to go up there again sometime before winter. Stay tuned, more to come on our amazing weekend at the Sutherby's Full Moon Fall Fling. We got to meet the Incredible Lance Mackey!!!! He is the 4 time Yukon Quest Champ and won the Iditarod the last two years in a row only 10 days after winning the Quest (1,000 miles), one of the toughest races in the world.

No comments: